Social Icons

Thursday 8 May 2014

30 Days of submission: Day 1


So, I've done this before but it was published on to an old blog that's no longer public, and when I went to retrieve the meme to post it here... I realised I'd completely lost my answers. Boo, hiss.
Nevermind, it simply means that I'm back to do it all over again. I'll be hot-linking the individual posts as I create them onto the "30 Days of submission" page, which you can find on the navigation bar of my Blog.
~ I remember from doing this before that this is certainly one blog challenge that needs lots of thought put into. It's a time-consuming, thought-provoking project and so I probably won't post in a straight run of thirty days but will still complete the challenge right through. If it's an easier question and time is on side, I may even do more than one in a day!


For now, on to Day One..


1) Does your submission – either what you practice or what you strive for – have a label? Do you view your submission as Taken in Hand, domestic discipline, top/bottom, dominant/submissive, master/slave, owner/pet, or some other description or combination? If you do not use a label, why?

I guess it's probably obvious from my Blog title alone that I identify with the label 'submissive' and I have done from the very beginning of my journey into power-exchange. I know there are hundreds of people who practice D/s or BDSM that say they don't believe in using labels or see no need for them and that's alright too. I just don't fall into that category. I proudly use the label submissive and it feels right to because so many things that I enjoy and find pleasure in are experiences I can have, through my decision to 'submit'.  Domestic Discipline is often something I seek out in my D/s relationships and so I guess I'm not a stranger to using that label too.

I know from experience that full-slavery isn't for me and I don't see myself ever calling someone 'Master' at any point in my life. I don't mind using labels such as: pet, babygirl, daddy etc during scenes or moments I'd consider appropriate, but never as a general rule.  Top/bottom, to me, personally, represent a more low-key, relaxed power exchange that's predominantly play or sexual. Submission, my submission specifically, is so much deeper rooted and  I'd find Top/bottom labels will never appeal to me for that reason.

I'm currently in a vanilla relationship with a vanilla man. I still identify as a submissive even though our relationship is not built on the foundations of D/s.




Photo Credit





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!

 
Blogger Templates