Social Icons

Sunday 22 June 2014

30 Days of submission: Day 12

Do you include financial submission within the definition of your own submission and if yes, how does it manifest itself? If no, is there a particular reason why? Are you familiar with the concepts of financial submission? Do you have an opinion about financial submission in general?

I try not to 'pick and choose' the areas of my submission but I am not a born slave and decided quite some time ago that I would never want to be. My submission doesn't go into the depths of financial power exchange.

Maybe it's because I am a mother, I feel it is important and essential to have a certain level of control over my financial situation; perhaps it's that I appreciate the freedom to buy/purchase the things I need and want at a particular time or maybe the combination of both. I am not a domesticated stay-at-home type of submissive that wants the partner to work while I don't. I would always like to be able to contribute to the earnings within a shared household and who wouldn't want some say over the money they've worked for?

This said, I do believe that when co-living with a partner, the money earned between the both of you should be equal. There's no "I earn more, this percentage is mine" etc kind of value on my financial views at all and I would always run any expensive or larger purchases through my partner before committing to buy. That's called respect and not financial submission.

Picture Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!

 
Blogger Templates